Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The West Wing - President Seaborn

Options
  • 14-01-2014 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭

So in episode 15 (The Hatfield Landing) of season 3 Bartlett tells Sam that he's going to run for President one day.

Got me thinking; in twenty years would we want to see a new run of the show following the Seaborn administration? If so, who out of the original cast would you want to see back?

I always loved Toby and felt he got a raw deal in the final season, plus his chemistry with Sam was great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Moved from After Hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

By then Sam will look like Rob Lowes character in "behind the candelabra".

So yes, that would be great to see!

Plus, there is no limit to the amount of Alisson Janey on TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

the best idea ever

wouldnt it be class to have bartlett pop in every so often also, i would like to see josh and toby the most id say, would also be nice to see donna in a far more senior role,

if you brought it back say in 8 years, it ended in 2006 with santos taking over, you could say he got 2 terms so theyd be up now in 2014, and say the next president also serves 2 terms, you could have the show return in 2022, hell give him 1 term and bring it back in 2018 :)

if you said 8 years this is how old the characters (well actors) would be

Sam 57
    Josh 61
    Toby 66
    CJ 62
    Donna 52
    Bartlett 81
    charlie 46
    kate harper 52
    will bailey 55

not bad really, well have to get onto NBC

• Registered Users Posts: 12,965 ✭✭✭✭bnt

At the end of the run I also wondered what happened to Will Bailey (Joshua Malina), who was leaving the White House to run for Congress. We know he won (thanks to the "flash-forward" at the start of Season 7), so I was imagining him getting his own series called The Oregon 4th. I mention this because President Seaborn is going to need a Vice-President ... :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

bnt wrote: »
    At the end of the run I also wondered what happened to Will Bailey (Joshua Malina), who was leaving the White House to run for Congress. We know he won (thanks to the "flash-forward" at the start of Season 7), so I was imagining him getting his own series called The Oregon 4th. I mention this because President Seaborn is going to need a Vice-President ... :cool:

That would be interesting, I did like Will Bailey.

I think Alison Janney would have to come back in some capacity, CJ was such a great character. Toby's political career would more than likely taken a huge blow after the events of Season 7 but it would definitely add tension. I would like to see how Josh matured as Chief of Staff, maybe Santos only lasted one term, and he could be looking for redemption.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Ah nuts. You lot have me reaching for season 1 all over again.

Oh to be able experience for the first time...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I liked Will enough for his political/writing smarts, but never felt they did much with him beyond what's mentioned above and the poker games. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I think it's a great idea. Maybe it would be best not to have too many of the old team in the Seaborn camp. But there would be huge scope for cameos, and flashback scenes. I would love to see Toby back as a wiley old cynical veteran advisor, back in the fold.

The biggest challenge would be finding a cast of new characters who the audience would engage with, and who could spark off each other as well as the Bartlett era gang.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

I wish this would happen. More CJ/Alison Janney would be ideal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

A series where Zoey Bartlet was president with Charlie her husband and Will or Sam as vice president would really appeal to me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Mena wrote: »
    Ah nuts. You lot have me reaching for season 1 all over again.

Oh to be able experience for the first time...

I've never watched the West Wing... worth a watch so?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,407 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Loughc wrote: »

Yes it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Absolutely!! When you're finished come back and tell us how much you want more CJ

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

Definitely. I only watched it for the first time last summer. I had avoided it for so long because I wasn't that big into political shows and I couldn't understand why people raved on about it. Then I caved and I feel like there has been something missing in my life since I finished it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

I always hated the dropped plot of Sam running in the Calfornia 47th. Even though it was eluded to that he was "going to get creamed" no ever mentioned officially what happened after that episode.

Back on topic, definitley want to see the regular journalists back (will they still be working?). Danny Concannon, Katie Witt and Steve (never had his last name mentioned I don't think).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

if you have enjoy/ed quility shows like game of thrones, breaking bad, the shield, the wire and the sopranos then the west wing is also a show worthy of your attention,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

It's only one of the best tv shows ever made, in most people's top 10 if not top 3 I imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Inb4 Aaron Sorkin..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

Celtise wrote: »
    Definitely. I only watched it for the first time last summer. I had avoided it for so long because I wasn't that big into political shows and I couldn't understand why people raved on about it. Then I caved and I feel like there has been something missing in my life since I finished it.
    Can I recommend House Of Cards so? Specially if you like your characters with an extra dose of nasty ...

Advertisement