Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension confusion...

Options
  • 13-01-2014 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi I'm 29 with a salary in and around 28,000 and I want to set up a pension. It looks like my employer isn't going to contribute towards my pension so I am looking at the options. The parent charity (I work for a company owned by an ngo so they can f**k me over in terms of union recognition and pensions etc) had a guy from their chosen pension company talk me over their prsa plans but their fees seemed pretty high and their options didn't overly appeal to me.

Seeing as it's likely I'm not going to get any help from my employer (it's taken 6 months to even get this meeting) I'm considering my options. However there seem to be a lot of companies on line and I'm not sure where to start. Is there a website that compares different pensions offered by different companies or somewhere that offers independent advice? Or maybe someone here could point me in the right direction...

I'm also not sure if I should go for a prsa or maybe a self directed pension. I'm beginning to form an opinion that I want to invest in physical gold & Silver, mining stocks and etfs based around emerging markets. anyway that opinion might change if I can get more information. Maybe I should fork out and talk to a financial adviser. I do have issues with trust regarding financial types when you look at what investment banks have been up to. I'm confused :confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement