Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

missed exam

• 13-01-2014 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi,

During the Christmas exams I missed an exam because I was sick but I don't have a doctor cert. Will I be penalised? I am worried about it, should I be? I don't really want to go through all the fuss of having to report it to the appropriate head of department now. Can I just sit it in the repeats or will I be penalised?

Kind regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

ryanciara wrote: »
    Hi,

During the Christmas exams I missed an exam because I was sick but I don't have a doctor cert. Will I be penalised? I am worried about it, should I be? I don't really want to go through all the fuss of having to report it to the appropriate head of department now. Can I just sit it in the repeats or will I be penalised?

Kind regards
    depends if its a final year or not. Id chat to head of department if I were you for more advice as every course is different and different rules apply in different departments. Find out what your options are. One way or another you will have to repeat the exam/ progress and carry the subject

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

Your doctor will backdate the sick cert, you'll need it to apply for a deferral. You will be penalized when you repeat an exam the maximum result you can get is a pass, if it's an award year ie your last year then the maximum award you will be awarded will be a pass.

Advertisement