Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batch Video Editing

Options
  • 13-01-2014 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I was wondering if anyone can assist with the following problem, it sounds like a riddle so apologies in advance; I am looking for a solution to systematically edit and combine two videos of the same event.

So I have two Mpeg4 video recordings of the same subject (e.g. tennis game) both of which are exactly 60 minutes long (different angles of the same game). One Camera focuses on player 1 and the other focuses on player 2.

I manually capture the time when player 1 serves, player 2 serves and so on in excel, or some other database,

I want to be able to combine the videos post event, focusing on each player when they serve without having to manually go in edit and combine each video into a single linear representation.

I need it to be system driven from excel, xml or some sort of digital instruction.

in an ideal world I upload the XML instruction and the video editor wizzes along and spits out the final edited file. Im not worried about transitions or final polishing of video. Well not at this stage anyway.

A live switcher won't work either during the games, it has to be done after the game.

The end result might look something like this:

-In/Out edit from Camera (A) running from 1 minute to 5 minutes

-In/out edit from amera (B) running from 6 minutes to 10 minutes and so on.

I am not a video person but gather that this type of process could or may fall under the heading of 'batch list editing' but I am not really sure if thats right.

Help! I have trawled the internet without much success

Advertisement