Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rent allowance review

Options
  • 13-01-2014 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

hi to all,i got rent review forms in post other day and im worried about the rules,i normally have the old review forms which didnt have a need for bank statements,passport photo,and lease asked..my problem that has me worried and not sleeping is ive been selling my xbox games and getting the money back thru paypal...(buy game sell it week i finish it).as we all know xtra vision,cash converters,gamestop dont give a fair price so ive been selling mine online.my problem comes from my bank statements having the money being returned thru paypal which looks dodgy to the review board..im going to be honest hand up my statements and explain my situation...can anyone give me a outcome?will i have my rent allowence removed cos its counted as extra means?am i going to be seen as doing dodgy things...i have no way to prove games were sold cos it was all cash/gifts thru paypal.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭donegal11

rupert999 wrote: »
    hi to all,i got rent review forms in post other day and im worried about the rules,i normally have the old review forms which didnt have a need for bank statements,passport photo,and lease asked..my problem that has me worried and not sleeping is ive been selling my xbox games and getting the money back thru paypal...(buy game sell it week i finish it).as we all know xtra vision,cash converters,gamestop dont give a fair price so ive been selling mine online.my problem comes from my bank statements having the money being returned thru paypal which looks dodgy to the review board..im going to be honest hand up my statements and explain my situation...can anyone give me a outcome?will i have my rent allowence removed cos its counted as extra means?am i going to be seen as doing dodgy things...i have no way to prove games were sold cos it was all cash/gifts thru paypal.

How much are you talking about ? where did you sell the games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 rupert999

anyone really who was looking,buy and sell,adverts any wanted places.game sites like facebook adbverts for game trading..mainly in last while theirs been 6-7 people always buying them.likes of my guitar hero sets etc i was selling for 50€ adverage game and amounts i was getting was around 20€-40€ once every two weeks sometimes once a month,it wasnt a constant income.but i have no evidence for them only the amounts in bank accounts,...

hoping i can get answer to this....

anybody ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Just declare it and put a covering letter with the review form/bank statements explaining the situation. There is provision for smaller income changes.

Additional household income disregard
    Some income from part-time employment and other sources is not taken into account in the means test for Rent Supplement. Additional household income is income from employment or self-employment, Family Income Supplement, Community Employment, JobBridge, the Tús scheme, the Rural Social Scheme, the Part-time Job Incentive Scheme, Momentum, Skillnets, Work Placement Scheme, Back to Work Allowance, Back to Work Enterprise Allowance or an approved FÁS course.

Under the additional household income disregard the first €75 per week of additional household income above the SWA rate for your circumstances is not taken into account and 25% of additional household income over €75 per week is not taken into account. There is no upper limit on the amount that can be disregarded. A portion of maintenance payments is assessed as additional household income. The first €95.23 per week of maintenance payments is assessable in full and any amount above this is assessed under the additional household income disregard.

If you are getting Disability Allowance or Blind Pension and do rehabilitative work, up to €120 per week of earnings from this employment can be disregarded. However, this disregard cannot be applied together with the additional household income disregard. Only one disregard can be applied, whichever is most beneficial.
    http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/supplementary_welfare_schemes/changes_to_rent_supplement.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

You can sell personal items while on social welfare,keep a copy of the adds you put up,just to show that you were selling one item (not multiple`s of the same game ect)

i had no reciepts was my problem and its dodgy wht way i was doing it,i had a note saying i couldnt get the bank statements as it was"only last 6 transactions they could print" my dog ear cos of flu i missed part of getting them online...i got the statments ready and handed in my main one with all my social income coming into it to my community welfare officcer(im lucky he knows me as rents arent dealt with by him),my fear rationaly is, that they will stall the rent if i dont so im not trying to hide anything,just handy to know if ill get an inspector and call tell landlord whats going on and a date..it has me worried because i dont have reciepts and of course thinking down the road (losing rent allowence,taken off disabilty etc)

Advertisement