Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change up this dress?

Options
  • 13-01-2014 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭

I want to wear this dress again to my friends 40th party at the weekend but thought I'd change it up a bit. I have nice black suede shoeboots but not sure they'd go.....
    or these? My nails are navy at the moment :)

651be21e-2bf1-43ea-87a1-fa134d31251d_zpsdc18ec06.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭lulubenny

Would you consider wearing a belt with it - perhaps an obi belt (or any other wide belt that are everywhere at the minute) - you could go in the same colour as the dress or go more metallic to tie in with the detailing at the shoulders. That would certainly change it up a bit.

If your not into belts then go for a pair of bright shoes and tie in your accessories that way. Even a dark pair of heels with embellishments that again tie in with the shoulder detail.

Another way of changing the look of sleeveless dresses is the "Canopi" - its like a pair of sheer sleeves that you hook inside the dress so it looks like your dress has sleeves - ok so I'm not doing a great job of describing it but if you google it you'll see what I mean!
    HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭miss-p

I think changing your jewellery could change it up a good bit, specifically with a necklace. Either something like a chunky necklace could work like one of these; one, two, three, four, or even a drop necklace; five. Although it might depend on the metallic detailing on the shoulders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

Thanks gurls, I don't do belts and it already has a wrap effect. I always associate those arm thing with bingo winged ladies of a certain age :D maybe I need to re-think!
    Yes maybe a necklace would be good...I will see what I have that might work.

Any suggestions on the tights/shoes front?

What colour is the dress? A bright shoe like red could work well...and then you could always accessorize jewellery and bags based on that.

It's black, and the beading on the shoulders is silver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

Would you wear red shoes with black tights? I wore a dress similiar to yours at christmas with red shoes, had a nice shade of red lipstick & red nail varnish, looked well. also had a red clutch & put a red scarf with the coat i was wearing.

If you want to stick with black shoes you could go with a silver/gold heel like these: http://www.newlook.com/shop/shoe-gallery/view-all-shoes/black-metal-heel-court-shoes_298322101
    http://www.newlook.com/shop/shoe-gallery/view-all-shoes/black-diamante-embellished-court-shoes-_288435301 or
    http://www.newlook.com/shop/shoe-gallery/view-all-shoes/black-and-red-colour-block-platform-court-shoes_290004001

A low front shoe boot might be nice maybe something like this: http://www.asos.com/New-Look/New-Look-Song-Lace-Platform-Shoe-Boots/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=3464619&SearchQuery=Lace%2bShoes&Rf-700=1000&Rf900=1562&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=200&sort=-1&clr=Black

Well I would either go black tights and bright shoes like red or pink, or go nude tights with either dark shoes or bright shoes again. I like the way these dresses are styled (even though they aren't strictly the same shape as your dress, I think the idea is similar). Link, link, link.

I'd wear red shoes with black tights and a black dress, I think it can look really well and 'lift the outfit'
    like this

• Registered Users Posts: 14 cpier

Dotcomdolly, really like the dress, sorry don't have any better suggestions than the ones already given.

BUT can I ask where you got the dress ;) thanks.

cpier wrote: »
    Dotcomdolly, really like the dress, sorry don't have any better suggestions than the ones already given.

BUT can I ask where you got the dress ;) thanks.

Wallis petite, but 2 years ago I think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 cpier

:( thanks for letting me know anyway!

miss-p wrote: »
    I'd wear red shoes with black tights and a black dress, I think it can look really well and 'lift the outfit'
    like this

Thanks MissP, I do like that and I was planning on wearing my new Viva Glam lippy anyway- these are a good price but I'd have to see if they are more wine than red...

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

Yeah or m&s have a nice pair of pink shoes that might also work. Happy shoe shopping :)

Thanks for all the advice :) I actually tried on my Zara shoe boots
    same as these
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQDsfrQBgPdw-BWLSNai4xw4VMNx77pvJhAelQQ3Duanf8dLsttlg
    with the dress last night & really liked them with it - rocked it up a bit!
    and I got a great silver/diamante bib statement necklace in Penneys today - marked €10 but rang in at 5!
    Really looking fwd to my weekend away *and* party. Here's to being newly 40 and not feeling it , or looking it either I hope!

Advertisement