Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Definition of MOBILE UNIT

Options
  • 13-01-2014 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

HI, does anyone know the definition of Mobil/moveable unit? I heard that if you can move it by 6 inches this proves its mobility and it doesn't need planning permission, anyone heard about sth like that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Wheelnut

If you think you can evade planning permission by using a mobile unit to carry out some process on a site, you're wrong. Planning permission is in respect of the use of the site. I have seen a case in which a gravel contractor set up a washing plant for his gravel (the quarry was elsewhere) and argued he didn't need permission because the machinery was on wheels, he lost.

Another mistaken belief is that you don't need permission for sheds that are just bolted to the ground because they have no foundation. I suspect that one comes from some guy who is selling sheds! ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 33 l_aga

Alright, so it is all about the material change of use. Thanks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

The definition section ( Section 2 ) of the Planning and Dev Act 2000 was amended to deem that placing practically on land, includng vehicles, caravans etc amount to a change of use

Advertisement