Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hankey back to the BDO

Options
  • 13-01-2014 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Hankey is going back to the BDO according to Alan Warriner on twitter. Also as mentioned somewhere else Co Stompe is going back. Full list or entries to the PDC Q-school here

http://www.pdpa.co.uk/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jake The Fat Ma

How many Irish guys have entered?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Not surprised, he might have some chance of having a career over there he has pretty much no chance with the PDC.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Worlds worst kept secret, he didn't enter tournaments in the PDC for the last few months so he would be able to move back and be eligible to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Saw somewhere, possibly a retweet from Barry Hearn a list of BDO players earnings last year from the end of the Lakeside up to this years lakeside and Tony O Shea had earned 31k, of which 17.5k came from the Grand Slam, similar Scott Waites, 40k and 12.5 from the GSOD.

Seems like the PDC Grand slam is keeping BDO players in cash to play that tour.

Top 50 in PDC earn that money

Saw somewhere, possibly a retweet from Barry Hearn a list of BDO players earnings last year from the end of the Lakeside up to this years lakeside and Tony O Shea had earned 31k, of which 17.5k came from the Grand Slam, similar Scott Waites, 40k and 12.5 from the GSOD.

Seems like the PDC Grand slam is keeping BDO players in cash to play that tour.

Top 50 in PDC earn that money

I'm kinda sick of Barry Hearn.

It's obviously such a nonsense tweet in that he cannot possibly know what their total earnings were unless they told him how much they made from sponsorship and exhibitions. Furthermore, how about listing the tens of thousands of players who are not on the PDC tour at all and they just don't give a damn about because they have no interest in the game beyond what the Sky tv cameras pick up and what generates money.

I just wish both sides would give up that negative crap. Maybe he should be more concerned about why players like Waites and O'Shea don't sign up to his apparent cash cow rather than giving it the whole "we got loadsamoney" routine.

• Advertisement

I'm kinda sick of Barry Hearn.

It's obviously such a nonsense tweet in that he cannot possibly know what their total earnings were unless they told him how much they made from sponsorship and exhibitions. Furthermore, how about listing the tens of thousands of players who are not on the PDC tour at all and they just don't give a damn about because they have no interest in the game beyond what the Sky tv cameras pick up and what generates money.

I just wish both sides would give up that negative crap. Maybe he should be more concerned about why players like Waites and O'Shea don't sign up to his apparent cash cow rather than giving it the whole "we got loadsamoney" routine.

To be honest id say he could care less about mr 'no personality no ambition I'm keeping my job wven though I could make a nice living throwing darts' Waites or the 79 year old tony o Shea.

To be honest id say he could care less about mr 'no personality no ambition I'm keeping my job wven though I could make a nice living throwing darts' Waites or the 79 year old tony o Shea.

But...ummmmm...didn't you just link a tweet about Barry Hearn commenting on those very two players?

So could he care or not? And if not, does he often tweet about things he couldn't care less about?

And does "personality" really matter to you? What do you think of Taylors personality? Wade? Is Lewis really that charismatic? Incidentally, making a point about age is very silly, you do realise Taylor is older than O'Shea, don't you?

But...ummmmm...didn't you just link a tweet about Barry Hearn commenting on those very two players?

So could he care or not? And if not, does he often tweet about things he couldn't care less about?

And does "personality" really matter to you? What do you think of Taylors personality? Wade? Is Lewis really that charismatic? Incidentally, making a point about age is very silly, you do realise Taylor is older than O'Shea, don't you?

He tweeted because they were last years world finalist, bit because he was bothered with them.

Of course personality matters, and yes Lewis is a top draw.

Taylor is a freak, for his age. O Shea will bring nothing to the table

He tweeted because they were last years world finalist, bit because he was bothered with them.

Of course personality matters, and yes Lewis is a top draw.

Taylor is a freak, for his age. O Shea will bring nothing to the table

So he cares about them enough to tweet about them as they were world finalists, but on the other hand he couldn't care less about them?

That just makes no sense at all. None. Zero.

And you say he shouldn't care because one has no personality and one is too old. And you say on the personality front "Lewis is a top draw"? Are you serious or taking the mick? Lewis has been booed at venues and looks like a little boy lost. He is a great player, but frankly for personality all I know is his forced smile and his desire to kiss Phil Taylor's head a lot. Not that it bothers me, I'm not the one who thinks personality matters that much tbh.

And you say on the age front while you wanted to make some point about O'Shea being old, when it was pointed out that Taylor was older his years don't count because of what is "brought to the table"? Do you know age is kinda a sequential numbering thing, one is not 76...but really only 35 because they are great at darts? In my world, they don't adjust birth certs because of darts ability. How does it work in your world?

And you say on the age front while you wanted to make some point about O'Shea being old, when it was pointed out that Taylor was older his years don't count because of what is "brought to the table"? Do you know age is kinda a sequential numbering thing, one is not 76...but really only 35 because they are great at darts? In my world, they don't adjust birth certs because of darts ability. How does it work in your world?

Are you off your head? It's a simple statement, Tony O Shea is in his 50s and thus declining in ability, as is the case with most people when they reach a certain age, there powers wane.

This isn't the case with Phil Taylor, like I said he's a freak. I can't think of a single other sports person who has got better the older they get.

• Advertisement

Are you off your head? It's a simple statement, Tony O Shea is in his 50s and thus declining in ability, as is the case with most people when they reach a certain age, there powers wane.

This isn't the case with Phil Taylor, like I said he's a freak. I can't think of a single other sports person who has got better the older they get.

No no, your initial point was simply about age and age alone. You made a smart remark about O'Shea's age, I merely pointed out that Taylor as a matter of fact is older.

That's just the way it is.

All the nonsense since, you talking about what they bring to the table or Taylor getting better as he got older doesn't change the fact that 53 is older than 52.

Stop digging. You made a silly point. Don't make it sillier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Good move on Ted's part , straight into the new World Trophy tour thats been shown on Eurosport. Things are looking good for the BDO and i see a few more making the switch from the Pdc to the BDO. The new BDO super series looks as well.

Advertisement