Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geek Squad insurance with Carphone Warehouse

Options
  • 13-01-2014 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hey everyone,

I got a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini at Carphone Warehouse in July on pay as you go and insured it with Geek Squad insurance (for 10.99 a month, I don't know if there's different deals). I lost my charger at home over Christmas and was just wondering if the insurance covers a replacement for loss or would it just be for damage, etc? I can't seem to find out anywhere online and I'm abroad at the minute so I don't want to ring to make a claim unless I know that I'm covered.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

A new charger is only going to cost you €5-15 so I wouldn't bother with insurance at all (even if the charger was covered).

All EU phones have to be micro USB standard so any USB charger should work (except maybe iPad plugs). What country you in, maybe we can advise where to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 shelly306

Thanks for your reply! Yeah I know it won't cost too much, just thought I'd see if I could get it that way. I'm living in France so going back after Christmas I brought my mother's charger with me for the time being coz I have no one here to borrow one off of but want to replace it for her so that she won't have to keep sharing one with my sister! :) so I was just wondering if I could just get a replacement one that could be sent to my home address or that she could pick up in store!

Advertisement