Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pike Fishing Carlow

Options
  • 13-01-2014 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hows it going, I was hoping to go fishing in the coming weeks in Bagenalstown along the river.
    Does anyone know any really good spots for pike?
    I can only go by google maps as I am not from the area.
    I was looking at somewhere along the river at the bridge where you can go left to Paulstown.
    From what googles outdated images look like, it looks like a nice spot to be able to walk along.
    Myfishmaps.com also recommended here, but if people know a better spot I'd love to know.
    Also, for anyone that has succesfully fished for pike, what lures did you use? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

A man called Roly Byrne runs a blog about pike fishing in the Carlow area. Can be seen here.

You might get some tips from that or by contacting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 fiachradh1

Thanks I love that blog some nice pictures. How could I get in contact with him? I can't see it on the profile, and I don't use blogger so I'm not sure how to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

I'm not sure to be honest. I didn't look at the time but I presumed there would be an email address there somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 fiachradh1

alright ill keep looking thanks for the feedback

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

The barrow is fairly high at the minute would it still be OK to fish for pike?

• Advertisement
Advertisement