Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rent allowance

Options
  • 13-01-2014 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

hi,I will be moving house soon and will need to apply for rent allowance.I need to find out if whether or not the cwo could let me know first if I would be eligible for rent allowance,is this possible?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

galwaytown wrote: »
    hi,I will be moving house soon and will need to apply for rent allowance.I need to find out if whether or not the cwo could let me know first if I would be eligible for rent allowance,is this possible?

This probably isn't the forum for this question but here goes - the community welfare officers can give you guidelines on income limits and that but it works case by case depending on circumstances. Go to whoever covers your current area and ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭galwaytown

I'm new to boards,quite frankly I couldn't fund any other suitable forums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

The CWO in your new area will soon tell you. You will have to be on the local authority housing list. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭galwaytown

I've now gotten a housing assesm.form and the rent allow.form,I asked the cwo if I cold find out before I move house if I'd be eligible for rent allowance but I dont think she understood,anyone know?Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

The CWO wont be able to work out whether or not your entitled to rent allowance until you are assesed as in need of housing and you return the completed rent allowance form to him/her.

• Advertisement
Advertisement