Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants around the Glen of Aherlow

Options
  • 12-01-2014 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

I'm staying in the Aherlow House Hotel on the 24th and 25th of January. Any suggestions of what's to do in the area? I heard there is good hiking? Is there any good restaurants down there? Any other suggestions would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Shekira

www.ballinacourtyhse.com

Havn't been there myself but have heard good reports and you'd prob have to book it now!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Paddico

Ballinacourty.
    Irish food, though I think there might be a chicken curry in there!!!
    Food has always been nice

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭jimmydkid

Ballinacourty is very good and five minute drive from Aherlow house, ballyglass house is good too and is also five minute drive away with a nice little pub adjoining it. You would need to book both an advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Black_Ninja

Ballinacourty would be your best bet although the food in Aherlow House itself is smashing

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Zingabee

Check out www.aherlow.com there are several looped walks in the area as well as longer hikes all are detailed on their website .

As for food we usually go to Ballyglass they had a special offer of dinner and a glass of wine for €25 per person and there's a cosy pub next door

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Jesper

Ballinacourty would be your best bet although the food in Aherlow House itself is smashing

Just an update - Ballina Courty House was excellent. There was a bit of a price difference between the Early Bird/Mid week Menu and the Saturday Evening Menu. I'm not sure it's justified as both menu's seem excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Jesper wrote: »
    Just an update - Ballina Courty House was excellent. There was a bit of a price difference between the Early Bird/Mid week Menu and the Saturday Evening Menu. I'm not sure it's justified as both menu's seem excellent.

good point

10 extra if you want a 10 oz sirloin as opposed to the 8 oz one, while everything else is the same:rolleyes:

Advertisement