Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schols benefits question

Options
  • 12-01-2014 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

First post, have searched for a similar topic bit cant find any sorry if the thread already exists!
    So i just sat trinity schols, felt I did all right but obviously with the high standards and all I'm not going to hold my breath. I was just wondering on the off chance that I do get them do they cover the fees for the current year?

I have been going through a bit of financial difficulty and have had to defer fee payments. Due to the course being full time I can only work on weekends and saving for the full fees is starting to look like a massive task. I have some saved already but if I don't find a way to start pulling in more dosh I wont have much of a social life, or decent food for that matter (being a mature student the food is more important to me, i like to eat well!!) Ha!

So anyway to cut a long post short I wanted to know will schols cover my current years fees if I happen to get it? Or does it only kick in next year?

Thanks in advance!
    Tagged:

Comments

Unfortunately, you will only be entitled for free fees as a scholar after award of scholarship, meaning you would still be eligible for your academic fees for this year, but have free fees for up to 5 years from next year onwards.

Sorry to hear you are struggling with finances at the moment, perhaps you should meet with your tutor or the Education/Welfare officer to discuss your options regarding fee payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 schols1222

Thanks for the quick reply! Yeah I might have to do that if I'm still struggling in a couple of months. Have hopefully snagged a job over the Easter break so that should go a ways to covering them!

I think scols was a long shot anyway but thought there's no harm in asking. :)

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭lfqnic

The only advantage this year would be that you could begin taking commons after Trinity Monday. I know that's a long way away, but one free meal a day doesn't do any harm and you're entitled to take it during the summer too (at lunch time).
    I had to struggle through second year not knowing if I'd be able to come back too. It sucked. It probably made getting schols much much more meaningful to me though. I really hope it'll be the same for you :)

Advertisement