Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entering Young Scientist in 6th Year

Options
  • 12-01-2014 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Hi, does anyone have any past experiences or know anybody who entered the young scientist in 6th year? Just wondering how it worked out in the end - would seem to be very difficult trying to balance everything! Thanks D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭EaSwe

Hi D,
    I'm just back from BTYSTE (what a week!). I'm in 5th year so I can't directly answer your question. But, what I will say is that completing a decent Young Scientist project is a huge commitment time wise. If you really wanted to do it though I would go for it. If you have a good ideal I would work on it this summer so you have very little to do next year. Have you done the YS before?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Hi - thanks so much for your response!
    I've been attending it for the last few years and deeply resent in not entering it. I often thought of entering it in TY but our school wasn't entering that year. I'll be 18 in Oct. so at least I may be able to stay up on my own (will have to check though - I know that I'll need someone there with me). I was thinking that if I got a few ideas together now and started to spend a few hours a week on it that I should be grand. I'm interested in studying science in college and may go to the UK so having that would definately look nice on the personal statement!

Advertisement