Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th year study.

Options
  • 12-01-2014 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

Sorry if this topic has been done to death. I'm in 5th year. Currently happy with my results that I'm getting, but there's room for improvement. Does anyone have a general study guide they're willing to share? From what I can gather:
    - Don't miss days
    - Do homework as good as you can
    Should i take notes in class or do it at home? I find that in some classes it helps to keep me focused when I take notes.
    I'm also not looking to do 3 hours study a night.. I've seen some people detailing out their work and they do what'd be too much for me. I have other commitments outside school and as such, don't really want to spend more than 2.5 hours after school doing work.
    All advice appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Hi I'm in fifth year too. What works for me is reading everything that I have done in class at home again and compiling my own notes. I don't agree with study plans simply because something unexpected might come up that evening or maybe you might not feel like studying that subject. 3 hours sounds good to me - is that including h/work?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭burrenguy

d1234 wrote: »
    Hi I'm in fifth year too. What works for me is reading everything that I have done in class at home again and compiling my own notes. I don't agree with study plans simply because something unexpected might come up that evening or maybe you might not feel like studying that subject. 3 hours sounds good to me - is that including h/work?

Thanks for the reply. I'm figuring that 2.5 hours including homework is as much as I can consistently give per night... maybe only two on other nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

That sound's good. If you listen and take down plenty of notes in class, get familiar with marking schemes and techniques, you'll be fine. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭a0ifee

in fifth year what was really benefital to me was paying attention in class, so much of what I know is genuinely just from listening! I'm a strong aural learner though so obviously you might feel a bit differently, but I think it makes a huge difference

Advertisement