Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting Stanley Brandon Range to Solid Fuel

Options
  • 12-01-2014 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Well lads & lassies. Im after converting the attic in the house & added additional rooms etc. The house had a brand new & seldom used cream coloured Stanley Brandon 60,000btu range fitted when i bought it. It isn't strong enough to run the house now as ive installed almost double the amount of radiators & a 300 litre tank. I installed a Grant condensing boiler instead.

The range is in perfect condition & a beautiful feature in our kitchen/dining room. We've decided to install a solid fuel Stanley range in its place but they are about €4600 for the Donard model in the same colour we looked at. I knew they were expensive but didn't think they would be that much.

What i was thinking of doing is finding out if there is a way or a facility somewhere that could convert my range to solid fuel? I rang Waterford Stanley in relation to this & they told me they used to sell the conversion kits but no longer do. They also couldn't tell me where to get one. I know this may sound like a stupid suggestion but i just want to find out if anybody out there has attempted this in the past & is a successful conversion? The other alternative is to trade my range for a new Donard but most places are offering very little for my range.

Máith tú.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 El Nino 9

Anyone???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

You could try UK sites/companies. If my memory serves me correctly, there is an excellent company in Wales offering all Stanley conversion kits. Can't remember their name though.

Cheers for that. I'll hit google again for a look & if its a thing you remember the name of that compay you might let me know. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Kileir

Hi,

Did you have any luck in tracking down a conversion kit? I'm also thinking of converting a Stanley Brandon twin oil burner to solid fuel. Any information would be great, thanks

Kileir wrote: »
    Hi,

Did you have any luck in tracking down a conversion kit? I'm also thinking of converting a Stanley Brandon twin oil burner to solid fuel. Any information would be great, thanks

I tried a load of places in Ireland & some in uk aswell to get this done but no-one could do it. Very surprised as there are quiete a few places that do refurbs but reckon its not cost effective to convert the Brandons.

What i ended up doin is selling mine on donedeal & i bought an absolute pristine condition Donard. Theyre a fantastic range & gives very good ouptut to rads & heatens the room loads too.

Hope that helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 pmob

Hi El Nino! How’s the Stanley Donard going? I’m thinking of installing a second hand one in myself. Seen some mixed reviews on other platforms tho’. Any feedback would be most welcome.

Advertisement