Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grind schools

Options
  • 12-01-2014 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭

I know of people who attend grind schools such as Yeats college Galway. While some of these have done well they really haven't done much better than students at our local school. I think it is more down to the student than the school. I would never be able to attend one anyway due to finances. So the question is are these private schools worth it and give students advantages or do they really make any difference?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Depend on lots of factors.............
    If they provided zero use they would be out of business.

They can be alot more flexible on timetables and subjects, that state funded schools cant.

No one can really answer it to be honest. It really depends. Some students will preform well any where. Some wont put in the effort no matter what. Then there is a mix . They also do the leaving in one year so if you miss a lot school due to a bereavement or illness. Really depends.

Advertisement