Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me get started

Options
  • 12-01-2014 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭

Hiya,

My first every video camera, the GoPro 3 hero black edition is due on Wednsday,
    I have never edited videos before, so where should I go to start?

I work as a software developer so wont struggle from the tech side of things, any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

The GoPro site has a free video editor to download called GoPro Studio. Think it used to be called Cineform. That's probably an ok place to start. If you want to get a bit more serious (really depends on what you're shooting) think about Premiere Pro (there's a free trial) or Premiere Elements, or Final Cut if you're on a mac.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

The GoPro site has a free video editor to download called GoPro Studio. Think it used to be called Cineform. That's probably an ok place to start. If you want to get a bit more serious (really depends on what you're shooting) think about Premiere Pro (there's a free trial) or Premiere Elements, or Final Cut if you're on a mac.

Okay cheers, if The free editor is not to shabby to start with I will give that a go and see how long it takes me to cry out for new features, not too sure what I will be shooting yet :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Adobe have some great price plans now with their cloud services. you can get access to Premiere pro for something like €20 a month. When I think about the amount of use I've gotten out of Premiere there are definitely gaps of a month when I don't use the software.

Premiere pro is very easy to use for what it can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

I dont have any personal experience of it but I've read some reviews that praise Lightworks and it's free!!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Cool I will try that, I just got it last night, got freaked out when I saw my first video on vlc as it didnt work but then it came out well with the gopro app, need to take some proper videos over the weekend when i am home and it is bright outside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Advertisement