Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would Android locked with SIM + Screen PIN numbers still allow access via USB cable?

Options
  • 12-01-2014 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Would Android phone locked with SIM + Screen PIN numbers still allow people to access data via USB cable?

I hope not!

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi.

Would Android phone locked with SIM + Screen PIN numbers still allow people to access data via USB cable?

I hope not!
    No it doesn't show up on the PC until you unlock the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Worztron

Gokei wrote: »
    No it doesn't show up on the PC until you unlock the screen.

Yes. If SIM or Screen lock is on, the phone can be mounted but nothing shows.

I suppose anything on the microSD card can be accessed regardless of the phones lock states?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Worztron wrote: »
    I suppose anything on the microSD card can be accessed regardless of the phones lock states?

Unless you encrypt the SD Card.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Worztron

Is it ok to have the same 4 number pin on the SIM and Screen locks? Are both equally secure?

Advertisement