Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag do in Limerick - Suggestions and Accommodation?

Options
  • 12-01-2014 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Pal of mine from Birmingham with Limerick roots wants to spend a couple of nights there early in March.

He's of an age where he ought to have more sense then to get wed again (40+) so I'd guess a handful of half decent pub suggestions would be a great place to start.

Also appreciate any suggestions on any recommended B&B/guesthouses suitable for maybe 12-20 room-sharing guests.

Thanks in anticipation ;o)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 Jacob Creek

I think Bourkes bar on Catherine street is a great pub, The Blind pig is another of my regulars quite like the place and other than that I like Mickey martins, all pubs are within 1 minute of each other too !

As for accommodation id reckon Jurys Inn would be the cheapest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

The Blind Pig is a "cultural hub" so you'll be able to have pints and take advantage of the "cultural installations" while there.

Actually no... it's just a pub.

seachto7 wrote: »
    The Blind Pig is a "cultural hub" so you'll be able to have pints and take advantage of the "cultural installations" while there.

Actually no... it's just a pub.

Lol stopped going there actually a few months ago, got the feeling it was an exclusive thing for an exclusive group ! But they do a nice pint

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

Have a look at here for accommodation. Bang snack in the middle of town.

http://www.thepierhotellimerick.com

There's also the old jury's which is now The limerick city centre hotel I think.

You could try the crafty fox as a bar to start off. They do craft beers and would only be delighted to give you a tasting session.

The red hen is also a decent place for a drink. Nancy Blake's is also one of limericks most frequented bars. Smyths across the road has a nightclub called Icon. Actually any bar in the Market square will be busy on a weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

jacksie66 wrote: »
    I used to go there the whole time. Great times were had down in the basement for metal gigs. Then they closed that and it became infested with hipster types. Could be different now but I'm in New Zealand so can't check...

Check.:)

jacksie66 wrote: »
    I used to go there the whole time. Great times were had down in the basement for metal gigs. Then they closed that and it became infested with hipster types. Could be different now but I'm in New Zealand so can't check...

Yeah used to go there for the metal myself, but your right It has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭VikingG

Also would suggest picking a weekend that Munster are playing....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

The national karting centre is worth experiencing during the day. Great fun out in Corbally. Unigolf in Castletoy to pass away an hour or two.

Usual pub crawl suggestions in town(think there should be a sticky on this):

Tom Collins, Jerry Flannery's, Bourkes, Mickey Martins, Paddy Frawleys, Phil Flannery's, Cobblestone Joes. Nancy Blakes is the only late bar guaranteed to have a crowd every night.

Further out in O' Connell Avenue there is a rake of quiet pubs:

Souths, 0'Dwyer's, Bobby Byrne's, Fenessys, Glen Tavern, The Windmill(upstairs pool), Sextons.

Paintballing. I think they will organise a bus from Limerick out to the place as well.

http://combatzonepaintballing.ie/packages/stag-party/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Paddy McGinty

Many thanks to all.. really helpful.

Limerick bloke from my local recommended the following...

Nancy Blakes
    Timmy Martins
    The Glen Tavern
    The Bank
    The Square
    Dolan's
    Billy Fitz's
    Kinsella's
    Bill Bourkes

I think if we have 3 or 4 pints in each one mentioned in this thread then come Monday morning I'll be well able to $hit through the eye of a needle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

Many thanks to all.. really helpful.

Limerick bloke from my local recommended the following...

Nancy Blakes
    Timmy Martins
    The Glen Tavern
    The Bank
    The Square
    Dolan's
    Billy Fitz's
    Kinsella's
    Bill Bourkes

I think if we have 3 or 4 pints in each one mentioned in this thread then come Monday morning I'll be well able to $hit through the eye of a needle :D

The Bank closed about 4 years ago

Advertisement