Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concrete Slab foundation cost

Options
  • 11-01-2014 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hello,

I want to buy a shed with the dimension of 12x12 however before buying it, the seller advised me to have a base down at the area I want to place it. Does anybody know how much it costs or what would be the cheapest alternative for me to have this base?
    Thanks very much :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Are you thinking of a concrete base or just stone base?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 rickcv

Any cheap solution. My idea is to buy a shed house by the size I mentioned and place in my garden, but I was advised to have a base underneath the shed to support the weight as it's going to have gym machines inside of it.

12x12 what?

What I would be doing here is putting down 4/5 inches of quarry screenings and a concrete base of 3 inches. Should provide a decent base for the shed.

12' by 12' dimension.

Do you know how much it would be and where I could find someone who could do this? thanks :)

rickcv wrote: »
    12' by 12' dimension.

Do you know how much it would be and where I could find someone who could do this? thanks :)

You may be able to do this yourself, its not terribly difficult to put in a small base. If you don't feel comfortable doing them maybe you could hire someone but this will add to the expense.

I reckon you will need around 1.5 cubic metres of concrete. I would recommend 30 newton concrete. Best to get this in a quarry which will save you the time and effort of having to mix it. You should be able to collect this for around 120 euro, you will need a double axle trailer, you could get this delivered but delivery costs can be expensive depending on how far you are away from the quarry.

You will also need quarry screenings for under the concrete, around 3/4 tonne would probably be needed. Again, collect this if at all possible. Might take 2 trips. 40 euro should cover the cost of the screenings. Materials altogether shouldn't rise above 2 hundred.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the tips..but oh boy, this is really not for me..I am sure if I try to do this on my own, I will waste all the material and it will become more expensive..This more like a "man" type of job, and I am not able to do it..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

rickcv wrote: »
    Thanks for the tips..but oh boy, this is really not for me..I am sure if I try to do this on my own, I will waste all the material and it will become more expensive..This more like a "man" type of job, and I am not able to do it..

Maybe tell us what part of the world your in and we could point out some1 that might be able to throw it in, any 1 that's any way handy at that work would have that thrown in a day

I live in Dublin/ballyfermot

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

I'd say you can expect to pay anything between 4 to 5 hundred for that I would think

Advertisement