Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interum justia

Options
  • 11-01-2014 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

Just wondering has any1 ever delt with this company. I got a phone call off this number 018692235 and I couldnt pick up as I was in work, when I got home, I found a voice message was left from a lady name Brenda saying to call her back asap. When I finally got around to it I called the number but they were closed.
    I never heard of them before and so I google the number and this name came up
    Interum justia

I found out its a debt collector company, and I know too well what they are calling about (UPC are expecting me to pay a cancellation of €200 as they are unable to provide their services in my new house which I refused to pay! If you cant provide the service why to I have to pay?! JOKE).

Any way..just wondering how long do they keep at ya for, and do they take it futher cause I am NOT paying this stupid unfair charge!!!

Cheers in advance people!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Its actually written into the UPC T&Cs that there is no cancellation fee where they are unable to provide service in your new property. Have you challenged them about it?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Deal only with UPC in this circumstance, not the debt collector.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 footstool

djimi wrote: »
    Its actually written into the UPC T&Cs that there is no cancellation fee where they are unable to provide service in your new property. Have you challenged them about it?

I did challenge them and I even paid 1 month extra for the services I had with them an additional €15 as a closing off fee. I complained to them, written and vocal, but they just kept saying thats the cost for cancelling the services. I can understand if I cancelled it myself saying "I wish to cancel" but I didn't, they cancelled it for me because they couldn't provide the service and then expect me to pay the fee!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 footstool

Thanks for the advise!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

If the contract states no fee in these circumstances then don't pay it.
    However I would keep a record of all letters and phone calls. I would send a registered letter to both UPC and the debt collector stating your position. Also mention that if the harassment continues that you will have no option but to engage a solicitor to deal with them in court

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Plates

Sounds suspicious

• Registered Users Posts: 24,292 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

They are debt collectors..

Debt collectors have no authority in Ireland and rely on a person's ignorance of the law.

Just return all their letters right back to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Eldarion

If it's been passed on to a debt collection agency then it's been written off UPC's books and they no longer care about it.

As has been advised previously, keep a record of how often they contact you to use as a basis for harassment if it gets out of hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

Eldarion wrote: »
    If it's been passed on to a debt collection agency then it's been written off UPC's books and they no longer care about it.

Kramer: It's a write-off for them.
    Jerry: How is it a write-off?
    Kramer: They just write it off.
    Jerry: Write it off what?
    Kramer: Jerry all these big companies they write off everything.
    Jerry: You don't even know what a write-off is.
    Kramer: Do you?
    Jerry: No, I don't.
    Kramer: But they do - and they are the ones writing it off.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Eldarion wrote: »

Just try getting reconnected if you owe them anything - they certain do "care about it".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Eldarion

MYOB wrote: »
    Just try getting reconnected if you owe them anything - they certain do "care about it".

Oh yeah, forgive me I had assumed that went without saying haha. I just meant that UPC have already given up the ghost on this one, passed it on to a debt collector and marked the whole thing as "actioned" from their end.

Advertisement