Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothes for a Petite Woman

Options
  • 11-01-2014 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I went out shopping for clothes the other day and was frustrated to find that every store I went hardly ever carried anything in a size 6 or lower. As a tiny, petite young woman, I am completely swimming in anything bigger than a size 4; most of the stores I visited don't even make clothes the small!

Could any of you similarly petite ladies give me an idea of where to find clothes appropriate for someone of my size.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Trilogy

muchunseen wrote: »
    I went out shopping for clothes the other day and was frustrated to find that every store I went hardly ever carried anything in a size 6 or lower. As a tiny, petite young woman, I am completely swimming in anything bigger than a size 4; most of the stores I visited don't even make clothes the small!

Could any of you similarly petite ladies give me an idea of where to find clothes appropriate for someone of my size.

Thanks!

Well I'm in a similar boat - I'm 5ft 1 and about 7 1/2 stone. I've got C cups tho so can usually fill an 8 top (tho is it just me or are 8's bigger recently?? Vanity sizing galore!!)

Of note tho. I often get jeans in H&m kids- great for skinny styles that actually fit!! Hurrah!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 muchunseen

H&M is a fantastic suggestion.

And I've got a rather small bust on top of being petite, which is often why sizes larger than a 4 hang awkwardly on me rather than fitting nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

New look does clothes in size 4 in the petite range.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

+1 for New Look and they have a great selection online (and deliver to Ireland)

Boohoo also have a section for size 4 & 6 though as a 6 I find their skirts have too much material and are generally lacking in shape - dresses have been ok though! Asos is also good for 6s (not jeans for me though for some reason) You also have Topshop and Miss Selfridge with 4s and 6s. I totally feel your pain on finding it hard to get smaller sizes and fed up of hearing the "that's a good complaint" it really isn't.

Advertisement