Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good gaming monitor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

What do you mean support speakers?
    Those logitechs are standalone speakers. Some monitors support soundbars etc as a passthrough but not 5.1 systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭sw33t_r3v3ng3

Blazer wrote: »
    What do you mean support speakers?
    Those logitechs are standalone speakers. Some monitors support soundbars etc as a passthrough but not 5.1 systems.

Like im assuming those speakers have a headphone jack (or i could just get a splitter to plug it into the pc/monitor) What i want to do is find a way of plugging the speakers into the monitor

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Morpork

Why would you want to plug speakers into a monitor?

Morpork wrote: »
    Why would you want to plug speakers into a monitor?

For better sound Quality, because built in speakears arent usually great

You're misunderstanding how speakers work. If you were to buy those speakers you would plug them into the PC, not the monitor. The PC generates the sound, not the monitor.

Anyway, here's some monitors from Dabs.ie that are under €150 and under 2ms response time.
    http://www.dabs.ie/category/computing,desktops-and-monitors,monitors/11109-13-57080000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

For better sound Quality, because built in speakears arent usually great

you're mistaking monitors with LCD tv's.
    Completely different products and LCD TVs aren't really suitable for PC gaming...

Blazer wrote: »
    you're mistaking monitors with LCD tv's.
    Completely different products and LCD TVs aren't really suitable for PC gaming...

No, i know what i mean and i mean monitors. I think some monitors have a speaker jack ? Correct me if im mistaken

No, i know what i mean and i mean monitors. I think some monitors have a speaker jack ? Correct me if im mistaken

You're mistaken about how it works. As I said the monitor doesn't generate sound. If you were to plug speakers into a monitor you'd hear nothing.

The reason monitors have an audio port is for plugging it into the pc. Then the sound from the pc comes out of the monitor speakers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 57 ✭✭Robert Lawlor

What size screen would be best for gaming i have a 42" but just gonna keep that for movies as gaming is not great on it ... I was told a 22" to a 24" is best for gaming is that true as i want to get a new screen.

Advertisement