Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Scotland Ireland Morrgages

Options
  • 11-01-2014 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Just putting this out there, in case others have come across a similar scenario.

Myself and my wife have a mortgage with Bank of Scotland Ireland with a balance of €161,000.
    Our home which we paid €205,000 at the time is now worth about €115,000.
    Because the house is in a rural area and we both work in a nearby town, the money we’re spending on Fuel everyday is really killing us .
    I am now in a very lucky position where I’m in a full-time (permanent job) and my wife is still working.
    So maybe we could actually apply to banks again.

Ideally we’d like to sell up the house and move closer to the town.
    How would this be possible ? assuming we could get the house sold, is Bank of Scotland starting to make deals with mortgage holders ? I don’t want to be left with no house and €50k in the red.

Would it be possible for another bank to offer us a mortgage for the true value of our house and we part ways with Bank of Scotland ?

Any comments of advice is most appreciated , cheers

Advertisement