Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HL Accounting

Options
  • 11-01-2014 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

It has been a few years since I've done the Leaving Cert. I was approached by a girl to give her a grind (her teacher is atrocious) in Accounting back in September, an hour and a half a week. So far I've gone through all the 60 markers and all the 100 markers except ratios (that's next week). I hope to have the course completed by Patricks day.

Anyway, I'm beginning to look at predictions for this year. I reckon Service will come up anyway and reval and cashflow. What's everyone else thinking?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

I don't know who sets the papers but I'll give my opinion on your first question:

It would be a shame not to prepare Control Accounts going into the Leaving Cert. Almost certain to come up.
    Service Firms may as a 60 mark or just continue the trend and come up as a 100 mark again. I'd say an 80% chance of coming up.
    Revaluation is a very easy question that should be learned by heart going into it. I'd say if this doesn't come up, then Service Firms will be a 60 marker.

Suspense and Cash Flow are likely to come up. Definitely at least 1 of them will.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

My grinds teacher has told me that Suspense is definitely due up. I'm also having a guess at Marginal costing in question 8 and maybe sole trader as question 1?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 EliteC

Correction of Errors
    Absorption Costing
    Sole Trader
    Interpretation

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bassfacewhy

what about published as 60 marker?

what about published as 60 marker?

Historically, there is a chance. Do prepare it. I'd put it at 30%.

• Advertisement

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Historically, there is a chance. Do prepare it. I'd put it at 30%.

what would you put as 70% +?

what would you put as 70% +?

Roughly speaking:

Control Account: 95%
    Revaluation: 60%
    Published Account: 30%
    Service Firm (60 mark): 40%
    Farm Account (60 mark): 40%

Everything else below these. (I've exluded Cash Flow and Suspense though. They may make the 60 mark.)

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Roughly speaking:

Control Account: 95%
    Revaluation: 60%
    Published Account: 30%
    Service Firm (60 mark): 40%
    Farm Account (60 mark): 40%

Everything else below these. (I've exluded Cash Flow and Suspense though. They may make the 60 mark.)

We havent done farm/service or revaluation!

All Im doing for mocks is ratios, published, cash flow, control, q8, suspense. As long as I pass I suppose..

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭AndreaEgan

The accounting paper for last June was very predictable and that is why they threw in the curveball with Q1 making it a mix of Sole Trader, Manufacturing and Company so I'd prepare for a change up somewhere.

These would be my main ones to look at,

Q1: Sole Trader
    Q2, 3, 4: Control, Service, Cash Flow
    Q5, 6, 7: Ratios, Suspense, Tab
    Q8: Marginal & Absorption
    Q9: Flexible/Production

And personally I'd learn either Q8 or Q9. I eliminated Q8 completely last year and focused all my time on all the Q9s :)

Advertisement