Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Night Caching

• 11-01-2014 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭

I'm crepuscular at the best of times, and given a chance I revert to nocturnal habits completely. I'm fascinated by the idea of night caches, having seen special night caching equipment for sale on the geocaching website.
    I can't find a way to search for night caches either on the website or using the app on my phone. Are they listed as traditional caches or puzzle caches or something?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cacheatnight

You can use a pocket query to search for caches with the attributes for "night cache", "flashlight required" or "recommended at night". You just have to hope that people use the attributes.

Grab A Light ... Cache At Night
    [email protected]

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭beveragelady

Took me ages to set up the pocket query because for some reason it wouldn't recognise that I had accepted the user agreement. Managed it in the end though, and now the bad news is that it seems I am 100km from the nearest night cache. Oh well. Thanks for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 cacheatnight

Not everyone uses the night caching attribute. You can try the other night related attributes or just look for "night" in the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭fletch

I'm sure there are probably more and not sure about your location but I have done this one in the Phoenix park and it was great fun. There's also this one in Howth.

Advertisement