Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Service and maintenance

Options
  • 11-01-2014 8:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi, could anyone recommend someone for an alarm service in the Cork area, outside box is not ringing and the strobe light is dead on the box. What costs are involved in a service?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭kub

Hi, could anyone recommend someone for an alarm service in the Cork area, outside box is not ringing and the strobe light is dead on the box. What costs are involved in a service?

Thanks!

Just wondering how you detected that your outside siren isn't working, just that I sometimes get calls from customers thinking that theirs are not working either.
    Did you by any chance arrive home to find it activating inside but not outside, could be thag the external siren has timed out as per old IS199 standard.
    How old is the system?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭stephentbb2000

System is 4 years old. Set off the alarm by accident one morning and I noticed there was no external volume??????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭kub

Well if it's only 4 years old then we can disregard IS199. When it activated did you actually go outside?

Usually when within a premises during an activation it is difficult due to the noise from the internal siren, to hear the external one.

Also was the source of the activation the front door by any chance?
    What panel have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭stephentbb2000

Its a khc alarm panel. Definately no noise outside. Reference costs, I rang the initial installer and they quoted a €75 call out charge and priced a replacement external box at €120 if needed. Would this be right?

Advertisement