Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus Pedal Advice

Options
  • 11-01-2014 3:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hey.

So at the moment I've a small stone chorus from ehx, which is grand as a not in your face chorus, but I was playing a gig with a post rock band on Monday night and I noticed something I hadn't seen before. One of the guitarists was using chorus to soundscape with. Unfortunately he was using a multi effects so trying to emulate him has become a bit more difficult.

It's hard to say exactly what I'm looking for. I'm not looking for a chorus that only does that liquidy nirvana sound, and I'm also trying to avoid any of the really thinny sounding pedals. Finally, it has to be a really intense effect to soundscape with.

If anyone has any pedals to recommend, or good videos, please your advice would be welcomed.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

How much do you want to spend?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭ninwilky

For something I'm happy with, roughly up to 150. If I'm not overly happy, up to 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭_ciaran_

The MXR Stereo Chrous might do the job. Comes in at around €150 iirc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu7ZUUl4VPc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

maybe consider a programmable multi effects unit like the line6 hd300, you would probably get one on adverts.ie for 250 and have endless soundscaping possibilities!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Demeyes

The tc electronic corona chorus should be in your budget. I've got one and it's a really nice sounding chorus, pretty versatile and not too harsh like some cheaper chorus pedals I've tried. It also has the toneprint feature on it so you can try different patches and find one that nails the sound you want.

Advertisement