Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 3gs not turning on ?

Options
  • 10-01-2014 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

My friends Iphone 3gs has recently stopped turning on, I have since taken it off his hands and want to have a go at repairing it. The question i have is is it the battery at fault ?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

My friends Iphone 3gs has recently stopped turning on, I have since taken it off his hands and want to have a go at repairing it. The question i have is is it the battery at fault ?

Does it turn on when plugged in??

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭sw33t_r3v3ng3

nava wrote: »
    Does it turn on when plugged in??

no, which is why im thinking i need a replacement battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭makoten

How old is it? The 3GS was originally released in 2009, so I would say it's a battery issue more than anything else.

makoten wrote: »
    How old is it? The 3GS was originally released in 2009, so I would say it's a battery issue more than anything else.

Honestly i couldnt tell you. His aunt had it before him and hes had it for about the past two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭B_Rabbit

The same thing happened to one of mine. I left t charging all night and nothing happened. I plugged it into itunes and it was recognised in recovery mode, so I restored it, then charged it up, and it works since.

• Advertisement

B_Rabbit wrote: »
    The same thing happened to one of mine. I left t charging all night and nothing happened. I plugged it into itunes and it was recognised in recovery mode, so I restored it, then charged it up, and it works since.

I tried plugging it into itunes and it wasnt recognised by it.

Advertisement