Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meetup.com events

Options
  • 10-01-2014 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭

My friends seem to be busy a good bit lately with girlfriends, whilst I remain a single pringle. Also, a few of my mates have emigrated. Which brings me on to the point of this thread. Has anyone here attended meetup events with success? By success I mean were the people sound/easy to get on with? Been tempted to go a few times because well, it beats sittin in at the weekend! I'm specifically talking about drinking events that you see at the weekend like "friday drinks in ______" Thoughts?

Comments

I've signed up to a few of these, but won't be able to attend them for about 2 weeks. I'm hoping they might be similar to any events I've gone to that was organized through this site, as in boards.ie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭roro1990

I've signed up to a few of these, but won't be able to attend them for about 2 weeks. I'm hoping they might be similar to any events I've gone to that was organized through this site, as in boards.ie!

Cool, i'm planning on going to a meetup one tomorrow. Are the boards ones good craic? Been thinking of going to them but never taken the plunge!

The ones I've been to have been amazing craic. In the Galway forum we organized loads! Anything from bowling, to cinema trips, to going to the pub, or even just going for tea/coffee and a chat. You get to meet some really interesting characters, that's for sure!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

How about TGC beers? See thread in forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057097684

• Registered Users Posts: 1 smile2014

well let us all know how u get on at this event:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

i attend events regularly in cork

events vary from drinks to cinema, comedy, ice skating etc

majority of people are sound out and very welcoming

i see some outside of official events and would be in contact with few every day

give it a shot roro1990

nothing to lose but plenty to gain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Is there any for either Limerick or Clare i never seem to see a mention of one ? Or am i looking in the wrong places :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Advertisement