Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trek 1.2 Is it a decent Bike for €800

Options
  • 10-01-2014 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

Hi

any info on trek 1.2 . its a 2013 model seems to be great value , but also seems to be great value in other brands i was looking at aswell , Thompson , cube etc .
    Any help please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,904 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Think so. I've typically seen it for >€1,000.

Is that from Wheelworx? (I saw they reduced their Treks from 1000 to 800). They have the advantage that they give you lifetime free basic servicing with the bike so from that point of view, it would be very good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭grouchyman

RubyGirl wrote: »
    Hi

any info on trek 1.2 . its a 2013 model seems to be great value , but also seems to be great value in other brands i was looking at aswell , Thompson , cube etc .
    Any help please.

I'm an occasional cyclist, I have one now for two years and use it mainly for recreational cycling (not commutes). Suits me fine I think its a grand yoke.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Stark wrote: »
    Think so. I've typically seen it for >€1,000.

Is that from Wheelworx? (I saw they reduced their Treks from 1000 to 800). They have the advantage that they give you lifetime free basic servicing with the bike so from that point of view, it would be very good value.

No a bike shop in the west , didnt ask about servicing good idea thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Have one myself, i like it. Like the riding position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I think it has mount points for mudguards and pannier which some bike don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

They are suppost to be a good bike, plus at the less than 1000 mark there is very little deviation from components so it's all about how you like the ride quality

I have to say my least favourite brand at that price was cube, I went for the 2011 giant deft 4 two years ago which I liked, done a lot of training and the ring of Kerry on it and thought it was ok before upgrading :) I upgraded to Ridley and I have to say I don't think I'll buy anything else now, my Orion is absolutely beautiful I love it, crashed yesterday so have to get the bike looked at to see if it's ok to ride, if not I'm gonna try get a Noah RS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Kissy Lips

I love mine. Great bike

Advertisement