Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I make Android ask for my PIN if I shutdown and later startup from Airplane mode?

Options
  • 10-01-2014 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭

Hi.

If I shutdown in Airplane mode, upon bootup it does not ask for my PIN to use the phone - this would allow a stranger see all my contacts, and other personal info. It will ask me for the PIN to turn off Airplane mode once booted.

This is a security issue. Can I make Android ask for my PIN if I shutdown and later startup from Airplane mode?

Cheers.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭b.gud

If you're very worried about security why don't you have a pin to unlock your phone, and not just a sim unlock.

This would solve your problem. It also fix many other security issues that you have not mentioned, e.g. losing your phone, someone picking up your phone if you left it lying around etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Go into setting and set up a security screen lock using either a pin,password ,pattern ,face unlock

• Registered Users Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭b.gud

Gatling wrote: »
    Go into setting and set up a security screen lock using either a pin,password ,pattern ,face unlock

+1
    This is what I meant and should have added to my post

Yeah, have a phone lock too.

Advertisement