Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In all the recent bad weather...

Options
  • 10-01-2014 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭

...how many of you had to use your skills/tools/initiative/paracord,etc, to cope with damage to house/car/garden/food and so on.

regards
    Stovepipe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭dazza161989

I had to cut down some trees around the house which posed a potential threat, which will in turn go into my stove after some curing.

Thats about it really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

No, not a thing this time. That's the "sods law" of being prepared you only really need your gear when you haven't got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

No, not a thing this time. That's the "sods law" of being prepared you only really need your gear when you haven't got it.
    better to have and not need that to need and not have but yeah i'm the same only need things when i dont have them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Glass Key

aaakev wrote: »
    better to have and not need that to need and not have but yeah i'm the same only need things when i dont have them!!

Thinking out whats the worst that could go wrong and working towards covering as many eventualities as possible helps.

Example: I was out driving when it was due to get windy so popped the chainsaw in the boot just in case.

Advertisement