Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modded Wii Question

Options
  • 10-01-2014 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

I've an Wii that was softmodded a few years ago, with HBC etc. Over the last two years, it's been used only as a Netflix machine, & the sd card that was in it that contained all the HBC stuff has since been removed.

So I'm wondering, what do I need to do to get the Wii back useable again with HBC? Is it still 'modded' per se? Do I just need to put HBC on an SD card for it to work again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

yes that should do the trick, provided the system menu wasnt updated inbetween,
    but even if it was, or you want to update to the latest system menu, you can do so, and re-hack then,
    its very easy these days, all you need is the wii's mac number and sd card and visit the LetterBomb hack page, this will prep your sd card for re-installation of hbc and bootmi etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Stuxnet wrote: »
    yes that should do the trick, provided the system menu wasnt updated inbetween,
    but even if it was, or you want to update to the latest system menu, you can do so, and re-hack then,
    its very easy these days, all you need is the wii's mac number and sd card and visit the LetterBomb hack page, this will prep your sd card for re-installation of hbc and bootmi etc

Yeah I might just do that. The software hasn't been updated since the original hack was done, so it's still on 4.2 at the mo. Do I need to revirginize the Wii before doing the letterbomb/4.3 hack through that site? Or should I install ofw 4.3 first?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

sorry, just getting back here now, ya just update via normal method, it'll do its thing and blow the first soft-mod, then just re-do the hack, no need to re-virginise or anything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Sorry to hijack thread but is there any guides around on the easiest way to mod a Wii?

Thanks in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

jenno86 wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack thread but is there any guides around on the easiest way to mod a Wii?

Thanks in advance!

There are a few different guides knocking around, I used this one when I modded my original wii a few years ago. Very thorough.

http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-faqs-guides-tutorials-only/96886-guide-softmod-any-wii.html

• Advertisement

Thanks in advance!

I used this one just now, it doesn't get any easier :) - https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/exploits/letterbomb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Myrddin wrote: »
    I used this one just now, it doesn't get any easier :) - https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/exploits/letterbomb

Thanks man!

Can I update to 4.3 over WiFi this evening and then hack it?

Thanks man!

Can I update to 4.3 over WiFi this evening and then hack it?

That's exactly what I done, updated to 4.3e via wifi & then applied the letterbomb exploit :)

Advertisement