Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a decent pyjamas?

Options
  • 09-01-2014 10:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi I'll be going to hospital at some point over the next year, I'm just wondering where to get a decent pyjamas and dressing gown?. I assume Penney's is the usual story, ok i the short-term but don't expect to still be wearing them in a years time? or is it worth paying more, in somewhere like Debenhams? and does one normally go for a size larger than in day-wear clothing?
    Thanks
    K:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭dockleaf

TK Maxx sometimes have some nice nightwear.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

M&S are good for pyjamas. I got a pair from Next for Christmas that I absolutely adore. The bottoms are leggings and they're super comfortable and soft. Also got pyjama pants from Next with cuffs that are great because I don't end up with the end of the legs around my knees while I'm sleeping so they keep me warm. Depending on whether the hospital is cold or warm this could be a good or a bad thing.

Dunnes and Penney are fine but I find they don't wash as well and sometimes the fit can be a bit off. I got some from Dunnes for Christmas and the legs are slightly too short for me yet the crotch is down near my knees. They're obviously faulty but it's not the first time I've had issues with the fit.

I usually go a size up in pyjamas for comfort but the sets I got from M&S and Next are my regular size and they're not tight and uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

+1 for TK Maxx, I got these bottoms http://www.savilerowco.com/White-Blue-Lilac-Ladies-Printed-Peacock-Design-Lounge-Pants/pid-llp802pck and the matching nightshirt, they are lovely quality cotton. I bought my usual size and they are fine, I think in general pyjamas are cut generously so it would be unusual to go up a size - in fact I tend to go down a size in Penney's and Dunnes pyjamas.
    Speaking of Dunnes they have some nice 3/4 sleeve pyjama tops at the moment, they look more like a casual top but the fabric is a bit softer and thinner. http://www.dunnesstores.com/starry-contrast-grandad-top/nightwear/dunnesstores/fcp-product/1683828?colour=grey
    They also have a nice long soft cardigan in the nightwear section (can't find it online but saw in Dunnes Ennis yesterday) - this could be a nice alternative to a dressing gown for when you're sick of looking and feeling like you're in pyjamas!
    Marks and Spencer do nice dressing gowns too, expensive but the sale is on so probably a good time to be looking.
    I spent a bit of time in hospital a few years ago and my number one tip would be to go for light, natural fabrics (cotton in particular) as it tends to be sooo warm on the wards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Jerrica

Gap pj's are fantastic, I get a pair every year and I live in them on lazy days. Wash brilliantly too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

+1 for Gap!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I love the per una pjs in Marks and Spencers. I find them very true to your normal size, although if you are going for surgery you might consider going up a size to accomdate bandages and dress. The other thing about them is they are quite light weight so they are comfortable in warm hospitals.

I would get a button up the front pjs rather than a pull over the head pjs as they are easier to get on and off if you need bp checks, heartbeat checked etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Consider also getting a few pairs of pyjamas, depending how long you're going to be in hospital. As you'll be wearing them all the time, you'll probably want to change frequently, especially if being in hospital causes any ill effects.

It's hard to go wrong with M&S, to be honest, usually practical and good value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭cat_dog

Marks and Spencer do comfy, good quality PJs and their bathrobes are the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Ciara GaGa

I always get a size bigger...way comfier :) and Next jammies are really good, I've been wearing mine for years now.

Advertisement