Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Busking laws/requirements

Options
  • 09-01-2014 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Myself and a friend of mine are hoping to go busking up in cork soon, Could anyone shed some light on the laws or requirements for busking in cork (not sure if theyre different from the rest of the country )? and also
    if it is ok to use one mic and maybe one 15watt amp, Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

there are laws, but like they're not enforced really! just make sure you keep your distance from other buskers. The only thing the guards can do is move you on, or what happened, me, I got banned from Dublin 2 for ''being too loud'' but we had like loads of amps and stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

as far as i know there are currently no specific by-laws but there are proposals afoot to bring in similar rules to those in Dublin

http://entertainment.ie/music/news/Outrage-sparked-at-proposed-new-busking-laws-in-Cork-City/233959.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭sw33t_r3v3ng3

rock whore wrote: »
    as far as i know there are currently no specific by-laws but there are proposals afoot to bring in similar rules to those in Dublin

http://entertainment.ie/music/news/Outrage-sparked-at-proposed-new-busking-laws-in-Cork-City/233959.htm

if you ask me thats a load of rubbish! Whats the problem with busking at the moment ? Nothing, exactly. Whats the point in fixing something that isnt broken !!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,187 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Myself and a friend of mine are hoping to go busking up in cork soon, Could anyone shed some light on the laws or requirements for busking in cork (not sure if theyre different from the rest of the country )? and also
    if it is ok to use one mic and maybe one 15watt amp, Thanks!

Why do you need a mic and an amp? Is that even busking? You bringing an autotuner as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mattyoc180

Why do you need a mic and an amp? Is that even busking? You bringing an autotuner as well?

Why do you need to post? Is that even a comment? You gonna roll out some more moronic BS after this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭bboybaboy19

mattyoc180 wrote: »
    Why do you need to post? Is that even a comment? You gonna roll out some more moronic BS after this?

Great first comment. 7 months late and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,187 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

mattyoc180 wrote: »

I genuinely can't believe somebody signed up just to type that about some comment made nearly 8 months ago. What a waste of a first post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mattyoc180

I genuinely can't believe somebody signed up just to type that about some comment made nearly 8 months ago. What a waste of a first post.

Typically, I come here to locally fed information and almost always get what I need! Since my new account had to be made to replace an old tied to a deactivated email, it was more than a pleasure to fire the first comment at your moronic comment!

G'luck!

Advertisement