Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house & transfering utility bills?

Options
  • 09-01-2014 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hello, not sure if this is a silly question, but due to move next month and the electricity and gas bills were transferred into my name when I began renting my current home a year ago.

At the time I paid a €300 deposit up front for the gas so I could pay it in the post office rather than be debited from my account and my electricity is set to direct debit from my bank account.

I haven't secured a new lease yet but I am assuming the new property will require gas and electricity too, so my question is do I have to contact them and cancel both my accounts and go through the refund process for the gas deposit or can they simply transfer it to a new address?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Doop

You can do either, transfer of cancel. You will need meter readings from your current plance and the new place tho. Get a meter key from any hardware shop for 2euro and open the box and jot down the reading.

Advertisement