Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird Text

Options
  • 09-01-2014 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭

Hey, got a text from +6745599388. The text read "call me back please urgent 006745599388." When I went to countrycode.org, it seems to be a number off the coast of Papua New Guinea with an area code of 674. Anybody else come across this scam?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

thehouses wrote: »
    Hey, got a text from +6745599388. The text read "call me back please urgent 006745599388." When I went to countrycode.org, it seems to be a number off the coast of Papua New Guinea with an area code of 674. Anybody else come across this scam?

SCAM not sure how but I think a premium number in that country so quite expensive to be call from here

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭thehouses

nava wrote: »
    SCAM not sure how but I think a premium number in that country so quite expensive to be call from here

It absolutely is, there must be money in this for them given that these schemes constantly crop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Kevcol

Got that too last Saturday. Looked up on the net and loads of other people from Ireland were after getting it too. Some people were saying that it could be linked to Snapchat getting hacked earlier this month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Did you mean to title Weird Post?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,018 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Got it the other day as well. Never had Snapchat though so we can rule that out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭thehouses

WikiHow wrote: »
    Did you mean to title Weird Post?

I did haha - "i before e, except after c." Guess I typed too fast.

Advertisement