Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hen party in Waterford City

Options
  • 09-01-2014 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi can anyone let me know what is the best bar/club to hold a hens. I am heading to Waterford City in sept with 40-50 mad women on my sisters hens and I am trying to organise a night at a venue on the sat night.

I am currently in talks with The Foundry nightclub through email but there doesn't seem to be much info online about the venue.

They have offered reserved area, finger food, cocktails on arrival in Sinnotts bar across the road and access to The Foundry nightclub with reserved area and a shot afterwards.
    Does anyone know what are both venues like??

Is there a better venue that could do the same?

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

What age group if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LouiseGrech

Adyx wrote: »
    What age group if you don't mind me asking?

Anything between 18-60

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭deadybai

Yeah the Foundary has generally the youngest crowd in the city nightclubs. Sinnots is for generally 20+ year olds. Ive never been on a stag in either so I cant comment on how well they accommodate people on them. Have you tried the Reg? id say that would be ideal for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

Top floor in The Kazbar is a good spot too. Need to be booking well in advance though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Hi can anyone let me know what is the best bar/club to hold a hens. I am heading to Waterford City in sept with 40-50 mad women on my sisters hens and I am trying to organise a night at a venue on the sat night.

I am currently in talks with The Foundry nightclub through email but there doesn't seem to be much info online about the venue.

They have offered reserved area, finger food, cocktails on arrival in Sinnotts bar across the road and access to The Foundry nightclub with reserved area and a shot afterwards.

Unless you want to be surrounded by kids id stay well clear of the foundry as for Sinnott's its ok nothing to write home about no much atmosphere in the place.

The most popular bars for Hen Party's would be Revolution, Kazbar and Dignity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 LouiseGrech

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 21 deiseabu

+1 for the Kazbar - think they would provide finger food upstairs and normally have good bands playing there at weekends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Of course we've lost our dignity. Maybe time for revolution?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Of course we've lost our dignity. Maybe time for revolution?

Indeed well over due:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Kazbar and Sinnotts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Bluezar

I'd recommend Revolution, always seems to be hen parties there.
    Ask for Flash, he runs the place and is a sound fella

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Bluezar wrote: »
    I'd recommend Revolution, always seems to be hen parties there.
    Ask for Flash, he runs the place and is a sound fella

a good recommendation also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PremierDeise

Top Floor of the Kazbar - You will have the benefit of me lashing out the drink to you for the night :cool: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3 3ofus

Waterford is a great city had my hen in it last September, loads of great bars and the folk are really friendly.. Sinnotts is a great spot we ended up there both nights, it a disco bar never actually made it to the Foundry we had reserved area aswell..

• Registered Users Posts: 34 loublue

Hi
    If your planning an activity check out my Paint a Nude hen activity..
    Check out my page..
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/PAINT-A-NUDE-lifedrawing-class/620896124588444?ref=hl

Great Craic and something different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Why would anyone want to paint a nude hen?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 loublue

Dicky pride LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭PremierDeise

Had to be done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Spadzy

The Reg is over 23's so that wont be a option with your age group, the Foundry is the opposite and mostly under 23's.
    I find Sinnotts lacks a buzz........very little atmosphere...nice smoking area though.
    Revolution and maybe shorts would be my reccomdation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MissCharmin

Heya!
    Just to let you know Dignity is reopening in March, just under a diffrent name but still offering the same hen party packages and activites that was previously offered!
    If you drop them a mail im sure they will be able to help you out
    x

• Advertisement
Advertisement