Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average price of a 3 bed property to rent in Dublin

Options
  • 09-01-2014 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi,

Looks like a typical 2 bed property to rent in Dublin city is usually about €1000 to €1100. But what about a three bed?

On daft there seems to be very few three beds in the first place and there is a huge difference in the prices.

So my question is what is a good rental price for a three bed property in Dublin city? My guess is €1300 is that about right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,162 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Dublin City would have a lot of variation: areas like Clontarf / Malahide / Foxrock / Monkstown are going to be more expensive to rent in than areas like Tallaght / Phibsboro / Swords etc.

Where are you looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

There's very few 3 beds in the city center, so you're more than likely looking at an estate in the suburbs, which very dramatically.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

you be looking at around 1900 - 2200 for a three bed thats nice in Ranelagh

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Daft do good reports of prices. Check it out here http://www.daft.ie/report/ronan-lyons-2013q3-rental

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭ninjabox

Thanks for the replies. Michael D Not Higgins thanks for that link that is exactly what I was looking for. Seems to be more variance in price as you get to three beds. I'm looking for anywhere in Dublin that isn't too far out and is near public transport because I'm starting a job where I will be working on projects in different locations so there isn't one "perfect location" so to speak. Looks like you could get a three bed in an OK location for around €1400 (Kilmainham or D7 maybe).

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Eh isn't there a definitive price list published by the state on rentals?
    Oh yes there is on the prtb website

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

There is no such data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Realistically you'll be looking at Cabra/Phibsborough (D7) or Inchicore/Kilmainham (D8). I wouldn't expect too much change from €1500 for a three bed.

You could do the suburbs or consider the commuter towns. Probably not much cheaper once you factor in travel but you'll get a nice house with a garden etc.

EDIT: Looking there on Daft D8 seems to be heading over the €1500 mark fairly easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭ninjabox

snubbleste wrote: »
    Eh isn't there a definitive price list published by the state on rentals?
    Oh yes there is on the prtb website

I tried to use the PRTB website and it keeps giving back null values which "indicates insufficient data for that location". The location I put in is Dublin so it looks like it doesn't work.

Thanks Bepolite €1500 is probably what I'm looking at then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

The conditionan and room sizes come into it too. Im renting a 3 bed in Drumcondra for 900. The main bathroom needs renovated though. I doubt Id pay more as I'd get a new apartment for about the same price.

• Advertisement

ninjabox wrote: »
    I tried to use the PRTB website and it keeps giving back null values which "indicates insufficient data for that location". The location I put in is Dublin so it looks like it doesn't work.
    [SIZE="1"]PRTB Average Monthly Rent Report (Euro) by Location, Number of Bedrooms, Property Type and Year 2013[/SIZE]
    Dublin	
    Three bed	
    All property types 1,130.68
    Detached house	 1,515.96
    Semi detached house 1,085.85
    Terrace house	 1,078.19
    Apartment	 1,263.85
    Other flats	 0.00

Bepolite wrote: »
    Realistically you'll be looking at Cabra/Phibsborough (D7) or Inchicore/Kilmainham (D8). I wouldn't expect too much change from €1500 for a three bed.
    You could do the suburbs or consider the commuter towns. Probably not much cheaper once you factor in travel but you'll get a nice house with a garden etc.
    EDIT: Looking there on Daft D8 seems to be heading over the €1500 mark fairly easily.
    [SIZE="1"]PRTB Average Monthly Rent Report (Euro) by Location, Number of Bedrooms, Property Type and Year 2013[/SIZE]
    Dublin 8	
    Three bed	
    All property types 1,254.35
    Detached house	 0.00
    Semi detached house 1,183.50
    Terrace house	1,192.35
    Apartment	1,318.35
    Other flats	0.00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

That data doesn't seem to be backed up by DAFT. Possible that amounts are being under reported to the PRTB?

The data is for 2013.
    Maybe asking prices on daft are too high? Maybe..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

snubbleste wrote: »
    Dublin 8	
    Three bed	
    All property types 1,254.35
    Detached house	 0.00
    Semi detached house 1,183.50
    Terrace house	1,192.35
    Apartment	1,318.35
    Other flats	0.00

The prtb data seems well off searching in my area d6w, it's a pity. I'd say there is huge under declaration to avoid tax

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Dublin 15 3 beds are from 1000- 1300

Advertisement