Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to pass Accounting mock

Options
  • 09-01-2014 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

So Accounting is my worst subject (doing HL) but when I know what to do I can do alright in it (got like 70something in summer test by studying questions teacher said are coming up)

So calling all HL accounting students.

What do I need to do to pass accounting mock?? (im not doing q1's)
    -cash flow
    -debtor/creditor control
    -intepretation of accounts
    -published accounts
    -Club accounts (we're doing now)
    Anything else?????

I know you have to do q8 or q9 too, which one is easier in your opinion?

Also please just helpful comments if you can, I get patronised enough as is!! Thanks :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

It is a must to learn Control Accounts by heart. It can be such a handy question and it looks set to come up. Have to learn the theory with it. The exam has a lot more theory than it used to.

Interpretation comes up every year so there's another one that you should be looking for marks from.

Revaluation, Service Firms and Production Budgets all have a good chance at coming up too.

So I'd focus a lot on them and then make sure you have a few more questions prepared as a safeguard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I'm doing question 8 at the moment, marginal costing. I find it ridiculously easy to understand. For me, I'm going to do question 8s, unless question 9s are a lot easier.

If you're intending on doing interpretations, you'll have to know your stuff really well. Examiners tend to mark hard on it because it is a guaranteed question.

Good luck!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 EliteC

INterpretation are easy as they are repetitive. ONce you know what to do it's all the same.
    Question 8 is by far the easiest as really you need to sove for x. Remember: Sales-Variable Costs-Fixed Costs=Profit

Advertisement