Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Sim Android Phone

Options
  • 09-01-2014 3:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Does such a thing exist? As in two sim cards which will run together (without switching back and forth) on the Android system?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

Yes! Most Chinese phones are duel sim, check out ebuyer and you should find what your looking for. Some western phones have covers with an extra sim slot built in, I think you have to physically switch them.

The cubot gt99 has duel Sims, one 2g one 2 and 3g. Its about 100 euro delivered plus customs £15 or so, if they stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

Thanks househero. I'll do some research.

Is there any reason as to why western phones don't offer duel sim?

Not a clue. I wanted one too, found it hard to get hold of one here.

My OLD Nokia brick used to have 2 sim slots.

Thanks again househero. I'll do some research into the model you have suggested.

Edit: Actually one more question: Does a ringing duel sim phone indicate which number the caller has dialed?

No idea mate, but as ur looking at androids from China, make sure they support the euro play store. That gt99 does. Tell u what as well, there about to launch some serious hardware with true 8 core chips capable of outperforming the s4!

I'd imagine you can see which is calling. If not just put a 1 in front of all ur work numbers when saving them, u can see who's calling u on ur private number like that. I bet its an option on the phone tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭VikingG

Just to note that the chinese phones with dual SIM are typically not both full SIM. They tend to have one full sized SIM and one mini SIM (micro SIM)..

but you can make a mini SIM with a scissors :-)

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CFYQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dj6T1Mygucak&ei=knzOUrmsFfLQ7AbuoIHYDA&usg=AFQjCNGwd898fFJO1luLJCJbFirrNPaCtg&sig2=P_fRYMaGKbgelOIOkImtbQ&bvm=bv.59026428,d.ZGU

Thanks guys. Appreciated.

That's strange about the sims VikingG. Perhaps I am missing something but I don't see the point in it.

It would probably be a non goer for me if I didn't know which number a caller was ringing. Would be great if the phone notified you, or even if you could use different ringtones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I used the Acer Liquid Gallant Duo and Zopo ZP900 previously - both decent and cheap options but the lack of really high-spec, dual-SIM options forced me back to the more standard phones available here.

Otacon wrote: »
    I used the Acer Liquid Gallant Duo and Zopo ZP900 previously - both decent and cheap options but the lack of really high-spec, dual-SIM options forced me back to the more standard phones available here.

Could you tell which number a caller was ringing Otacon?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

wikomobile.com

buy from amazon.fr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Paddy_R wrote: »
    Could you tell which number a caller was ringing Otacon?

Yes. I set up both SIMs with different colours. When someone rang my Irish SIM, the screen's colour palette included an orange colour. When they rang the English one, it was blue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

http://www.prestigio.com/catalogue/MultiPhones
    I deal with the Irish distributor of these and they've said they are a serious seller, cannot keep them in stock. I've not used one though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I have one of these, grand cheap wee phone, if you don't mind gingerbread.

On knowing which SIM is ringing, just set a different ringtone for each.

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Most Chinese phones are dual sim. Mine has one slot for a full 3 G sim and the other is does not support 3G, but both are full-sized slots. Have had it for about 1 1/2 Years and is working just fine. It developed a fault after about 11 months and the seller replaced it with a refurbished phone no bother at all (apart from a 3 week wait between returning the phone and receiving the replacement).
    I am now looking at the (higher specced) Neo 003 Advanced, a quadcore, 2 MB RAM 5 Inch phone or Jiayu G4 2 MB Ram, roughly the same specs just slightly smaller at 4.7 inch. Both priced around the 230 - 250 E mark. Compared to Western phones, an incredible good price for a high specced phone.
    I have used Prestigo branded items (gaming mice & gaming headset) and they are excellent. However, I found support lacking for the mouse when the software refused to work properly with Windows 7.

Advertisement