Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Cork

Options
  • 08-01-2014 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi

I am moving to Cork in mid Feb with my partner & daughter (2 years old) and looking for a place to live in Cork City suburbs. I will be working in Hollyhill and would like to have a max of 30 minutes commute. We are hoping to find somewhere that is good for families and friendly with various activities to become involved in as we'll naturally want to meet new people etc. I have been told Glanmire is an ideal place.

anyone having any ideas on locations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Eldarion

Somewhere around the Blarney/Tower area would be ideal for you commute wise to Hollyhill(less than 10 minutes, no traffic) while also satisfying your want for the suburban family life.

Glanmire is good too but you could be talking a 20 minutes commute if you leave at the wrong time.

Ballincollig would be a better suit than Glanmire I think. Ballincollig would have the best range of services/amenities of the 3 places mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Ahh apple. :)

Depends on budget, the further into the city the more expensive. Sundays Well is city... That's a lovely area. Glountaune is good too, same direction as glanmire.

Blarney/tower us a good suggestion. Bit more rural than city, but nice all the same.

Ballincollig would be tricky for hollyhill.

Advertisement