Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shapefile with 32 counties of Ireland

Options
  • 08-01-2014 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Does anyone have a shapefile with the 32 counties of Ireland?
    I've been looking for ages, but cant find one.

Bren.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

_Bren_ wrote: »
    Does anyone have a shapefile with the 32 counties of Ireland?
    I've been looking for ages, but cant find one.

Bren.

This website is pretty good: http://www.diva-gis.org/gdata

The thing is though it's hard getting one for the 32 counties as it's two jurisdictions so you'll have to get the one for the 'Ireland' and the one for the 'UK' and put the two into Arc and select features and then focus on the 32 counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 _Bren_

Thanks for that, but I wouldn't know where to begin with ARC.

Not sure if you've heard of it, but I was using jvectormap to put simple but nice looking interactive maps on a web page.
    I'm able to generate maps using converter.py and a shapefile so they're compatible with jvectormap.

I managed to find a cad drawing containing the 32 counties of Ireland.
    I've converted this to a shapefile (which I was able to open in Quantum GIS).
    But when I try and run the conversion bat file, I get an error saying:
    "Wrong geomtry type: "+geometryType
    TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'int' objects.

I know this is a long shot, but would you have a clue as to how I could fix that?
    :)

Advertisement