Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HOF Class of 2014

Options
  • 08-01-2014 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭

Maddux, Glavin and Frank Thomas elected.

Craig Biggio missed out by 0.2%!!

Jack Morris missed on his 15th and final time on the ballot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Benimar wrote: »
    Craig Biggio missed out by 0.2%!!

The whole thing is a farce anyway. Ever read about Connie Mack's influence? Look it up if you haven't. And read this:

http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2014/1/7/5284236/time-to-delete-mickey-mantle-from-the-hall-of-fame

Is the HOF for the best players or the best players with integrity? If the former put in the steroid users. And Pete Rose. And Joe Jackson. If the latter, throw out a significant number of the entrants including Ty Cobb and Tris Speaker, two scumbags by any definition. And a lot of entrants decided by journalists! Need I say more.

I have my own baseball heroes, from all teams, men I grew up admiring for many reasons. And some I still look up to like Roy Halladay. I read somewhere that some journalists have argued that he doesn't 'deserve' to be enshrined. He does, on both the examples I gave above. A great, yes great, pitcher and a man full of integrity. The fact that a few newspaper hacks are even debating the issue is a rather pathetic joke.

I'll never visit Cooperstown. Never. No interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

mod9maple wrote: »
    The whole thing is a farce anyway. Ever read about Connie Mack's influence? Look it up if you haven't. And read this:

http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2014/1/7/5284236/time-to-delete-mickey-mantle-from-the-hall-of-fame

Is the HOF for the best players or the best players with integrity? If the former put in the steroid users. And Pete Rose. And Joe Jackson. If the latter, throw out a significant number of the entrants including Ty Cobb and Tris Speaker, two scumbags by any definition. And a lot of entrants decided by journalists! Need I say more.

I have my own baseball heroes, from all teams, men I grew up admiring for many reasons. And some I still look up to like Roy Halladay. I read somewhere that some journalists have argued that he doesn't 'deserve' to be enshrined. He does, on both the examples I gave above. A great, yes great, pitcher and a man full of integrity. The fact that a few newspaper hacks are even debating the issue is a rather pathetic joke.

I'll never visit Cooperstown. Never. No interest.

You'll probably like Deadspin and Dan Le Batard's stunt then

http://deadspin.com/revealed-the-hall-of-fame-voter-who-turned-his-ballot-1496558341

Advertisement