Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mini One car problem

Options
  • 08-01-2014 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a 2003 mini one, which was parked without moving for two week.

Now, since iv started it, there are a number of warning lights staying on on the dash:

- Amber run flat warning light
    - Red Handbrake on light
    - Amber ABS Warning light
    - and the speedometer wont work

these are all new faults, that all came together while twas parked. Apparently they are all linked somehow, I have read.

Anyone ever have this, and how do you fix them??!!

very annoying!! :(

Jo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It could just be the battery acting up in the cold after being inactive so long.
    Does car start and drive fine? How long have you driven it since you started using it again?
    You can get a mech to connect diagnostic equipment to see what error codes are stored in the car.

It's odd that the speedometer doesn't work thought..
    Can you get another battery from a friends car and swap over? Leave car without battery for 15 mins before connecting the other one, to see if that resets car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SleeperService

Basically what biko said. Speedo doesnt make sense to me either, the others are linked - tyre pressure warning works off info from abs sensors so they could all light together if something was fubar'd in the abs.
    I agree with bikos suggestions to try fix it. Def worth a shot before anything else.

Ugh, considering weather lately, hopefully not the body control module after taking a soaking. Water can leak down on it, its down by your right foot behind some plastic panelling. You can kinda see it near bonnet release lever iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭burke027

Seen this plenty of times. All the lights including the speedo are linked to the abs. My guess is it's the abs sensor in the right rear and that's where the speed signal is taken from also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭jocotty

burke027 wrote: »
    Seen this plenty of times. All the lights including the speedo are linked to the abs. My guess is it's the abs sensor in the right rear and that's where the speed signal is taken from also

thank you all for your help.

I will get my friend to take a look at the battery.

as for the abs sensor, what do you mean by "right rear", and is this easy to sort? will I be able to buy a new one and put it in myself? (I really hope so!! :()

Jo

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭burke027

The abs is controlled off wheel speed sensors if there's a fault in that it will bring on all the lights u say. I've seen it quite Afew times. And the rear right wheel speed sensor is where the speedo gets the speed of the car from.

If u don't know what I'm talking about it's very unlikely u would be able to fix it yourself. You will need to get the abs control module scanned by diagnostics to find out which is faulty and then by a new sensor for whatever is faulty.

Then the sensor will normally be ceases in the hub meaning it will be stuck tight and hard to get out.

If u need it scanned and fixed I'd gladly help you out no problem at all jus let me know

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭jocotty

burke027 wrote: »
    The abs is controlled off wheel speed sensors if there's a fault in that it will bring on all the lights u say. I've seen it quite Afew times. And the rear right wheel speed sensor is where the speedo gets the speed of the car from.

If u don't know what I'm talking about it's very unlikely u would be able to fix it yourself. You will need to get the abs control module scanned by diagnostics to find out which is faulty and then by a new sensor for whatever is faulty.

Then the sensor will normally be ceases in the hub meaning it will be stuck tight and hard to get out.

If u need it scanned and fixed I'd gladly help you out no problem at all jus let me know

ok thanks,

PM me where you are located.

Advertisement