Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Kitchen Rules (UK) - Jan 23rd

Options
  • 08-01-2014 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭

MKR (UK) is starting on Thursday 23rd, which is an odd day to start if it is following the aussie format (5 days, 5 teams, Monday to Friday).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Kdylass

What channel is My Kitchen Rules (UK) on? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Kdylass wrote: »
    What channel is My Kitchen Rules (UK) on? Thanks

Living.

http://www.sky.com/tv/show/my-kitchen-rules

Posts moved here from the "Taste" thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

thanks mr. E

looking forward to this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Love the Aussie one so looking forward to this. Not a huge fan of Lorraine Pascale but see how it shapes up!

• Advertisement

Anyone see it last night. The Dublin girls were first up! Won't say any more in case you all have it recorded :)

Haven't watched it yet - won't see it until Sunday....

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Kdylass

Really enjoyed it - it has all the ingredients to be very entertaining - a good mix of couples. Would love to have tried their menu

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭joi99

Watched it and wasn't impressed, reminds me of a weaker version of Come Dine With Me with lots of cynical voting and some very unlikeable characters
    The Welsh couple
    . Thought Jason Atherton was a good judge though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Oh, I agree with you regarding the "spoiler" joi!....:eek:

I enjoyed it, shame it's only on once a week, I'd have liked a couple of nights on the trot to get into it..

Good craic though....They are a very odd mix of people....

• Advertisement

The Aussie one is 3-4 nights a week for 3 months. This looks like it will be much more condensed (either that, or we'll be watching the finale at Christmas). :)

Hope the 'spoilers' burn their kitchen down :)

I see that this season is only 10 episodes long. That'll be 6 instant restaurants, and 4 rounds in the MKR kitchen with one team kicked out per night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭ArtyC

What channel is this on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Sky Living

Anybody watching this?

I can't stop laughing at the Welsh man, he is priceless...talk about a game plan!....

• Registered Users Posts: 85,664 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I don't like the hairdresser fella

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I don't like the hairdresser fella

He is dreadful.

Even trying to influence the Judges....:eek:

He'll be lucky to get home alive at this stage!...

Judging by next weeks clip the hairdresser gets even worse!! Telling the guy he doesn't need a drink. He would get a slap off me if he tried that :)

Anyone see last night's episode?..

The girls were great! The only crime were the Minnie Mouse bows on their heads! Their layout was lovely.

The two fire-lads were a bit disingenuous about them, I think they were playing a bit tactical though they denied it. They were quite harsh on the girls imo.

The hairdresser was on much better behaviour, can't wait for his night.

It's a pity it's not on a couple of consecutive nights, it's dragging it way out.

• Advertisement

Yep, it's way too dragged out.

I'm watching the current aussie series at the moment, and they're showing 4 a week. A much better pace for a show like this. FWIW, it's a cracking series this year - some great rivalries and some great disasters. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

the two girls did great - I really like them. I think the two firemen will end up being safe - if you watch the opening of the programme you will see them further along in the competition.

I think this weeks one will be a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

Really enjoying this, I think the producers did great work getting the mix of couples, the welsh couple are priceless, well he is. She seems lovely, she really enjoyed the Italian night. Can't wait to see their night, they are surely letting themselves up for a fall.

I felt sorry for the two lads....The electricity going was the start of all their woes! In fairness, the main dish of rice looked awful.

You could nearly see the relief on the firemen's face as the meal was finishing.

To say they had a bad day was an understatement....:(

Now, next to the hairdressers night.......The promo showed a bit of "hassle in the castle", can't wait for it!...:)

He is dreadful.

Even trying to influence the Judges....:eek:

He'll be lucky to get home alive at this stage!...

Has he cooked yet?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Has he cooked yet?

Hardly at all!!.......

For all his talk he was the front man and his lady friend did the starters and the mains.....She was great, very well organised.

He did the prep and the Panna cotta but he was out of his depth!....His accompanying Rhubarb Compote didn't turn out right and it was left out. He also didn't research his Champagne and was caught out by the Judges.... which he didn't like. A bit of humble pie for him..

The Firemen were lapping it up....

He is actually the weak link in the partnership and kitchen for all his talk....

How those two Scottish girls got through was beyond belief!....

They had a disastrous night.

The two lads had reason to be disappointed!..

I didn't think it could have got much worse after their night...

So bye bye the Irish couple

I really don't want the hairdresser fella to win

I quite liked the "chopped" part of the competition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Eyepatch

The Welsh pair look like a married couple. I find him amusing. He's no shrinking violet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I think the welsh guy is going to get caught out with cooking for large numbers. For the start up restaurant he was lucky as I assume she had everything planned to the last second. The following tasks will surely catch him out. (I hope!!)

Advertisement