Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget Smartphone Recommendation

Options
  • 08-01-2014 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to move on from my old brick Nokia to something a little more 21st century. I need something that I can unlock immediately with no problems as I'm on the 48 network and want to stay with it (so no having to sign up for a package with the network etc). I'm not looking for anything too fancy, just something that isn't known to have problems with crashing, preferably something with a decent camera but that's not too important. I like the look of the Huawei Y300 and from the thread on here and some minimal research on my own part it seems quite good for the price. Anyone have anything else to suggest? Budget would be max €100 ideally as I've to factor in the cost of unlocking too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Moto G is more expensive but it comes unlocked. It's the best budget phone available.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Stormington

The MotoG is a better phone but is also double the amount of money (€200 for the 16gb which is the far better choice).

The Y300 is €50 in Carphone Warehouse if you swap your number over and can be unlocked for less than €10 online within 24 hours, which leaves you €40 for credit and an easier returns policy to deal with if there are any problems with it. You can always get a Sim from Tesco or Lyca for nothing, activate it and use it to swap it over for the discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Polka_Dot

Thanks for the replies, I went in to the Carphone Warehouse yesterday and ended up getting the Y300, phone plus unlocking only cost me €60 altogether which I'm very happy with. From using it it seems perfect for my needs. I'm sure the Moto G is a lot better but it was a bit too far out of my budget!

Advertisement