Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Hundred Euro - Brown Thomas

Options
  • 08-01-2014 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

Have a 100e voucher burning a hole in my pocket - dont normally buy anything there - what would you suggest I spend it on? What would YOU spend it on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

Get as many Nespresso pods as you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Probably some really good perfume that I'd never normally spend the money on. For €100 you're not going to get much clothes so that or some other fancy shmancy beauty products.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I would treat myself to a large bottle of Jo Malone perfume.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

i'm thinking perfume too and maybe some make up...

Dont have a coffee machine for those pods...

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Mac Makeup (but 100 won't buy much!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

I'd be getting me some Make Up. Or there are some brands like Nine West and Phase Eight that €100 would go a long way in getting you some clothes or shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I'd get some Chanel foundation and some Jo Malone handwash/hand cream/both if feeling very generous towards myself!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Mmm +1 for Jo Malone. The body creams are beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I know BTs normally stock fashion targets breast cancer t-shirt/bags every year. Maybe you might want to save your voucher until the fashion targets breast cancer 2014 campaign. You will get something nice and make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

silly wrote: »
    Have a 100e voucher burning a hole in my pocket - dont normally buy anything there - what would you suggest I spend it on? What would YOU spend it on?

I'd put it towards a DVF wrap dress. I think they are classic investment pieces and well worth the expense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

I'd be bashing off in to Tiffany - they've some cheaper pieces that you could put it towards..................

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

cjmcork wrote: »
    I'd be bashing off in to Tiffany - they've some cheaper pieces that you could put it towards..................

Poor her

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭sassyj

MAC makeup brushes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Lots of great ideas here folks! I know 100 doesnt go far in BT, but i think something that i wouldnt DREAM of getting myself - i'm going to try and stay away from the home section as i normally buy things for the home that nobody appreciates!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

silly wrote: »
    Lots of great ideas here folks! I know 100 doesnt go far in BT, but i think something that i wouldnt DREAM of getting myself - i'm going to try and stay away from the home section as i normally buy things for the home that nobody appreciates!

Get something lovely for yourself ! Forget about the home and others, this is your €100 to spend on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Get something lovely for yourself ! Forget about the home and others, this is your €100 to spend on you.

We had a lot of Brown Thomas vouchers and my husband tried to convince me to spend some of them outside the home section. I was having none of it. I got lovely things for myself there!

But outside of that I'd go with Jo Malone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Silly are you male or female? I'm guessing female...

If you are male I'd head straight to the sale section and pick up a couple of ties. They have Drake's and Richard James ties for sale that normally retail at €100 each, but you can get them for about 25 quid each.

Or go to BT2 and pick up a good pair of Diesel jeans, can't go wrong with them.

Also, if you are female, I'd go for underwear - get some nice Calvin Klein pants, or I hear girls always need bras apparently, so there's another thing.

edit - I have a One4All voucher which I can use in surprisingly few shops that I want to go to, but BT is one of them. Have gotten a few things already but still have about 100 quid left on it. So I'm in the same boat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Silly are you male or female? I'm guessing female...

If you are male I'd head straight to the sale section and pick up a couple of ties. They have Drake's and Richard James ties for sale that normally retail at €100 each, but you can get them for about 25 quid each.

Or go to BT2 and pick up a good pair of Diesel jeans, can't go wrong with them.

Also, if you are female, I'd go for underwear - get some nice Calvin Klein pants, or I hear girls always need bras apparently, so there's another thing.

edit - I have a One4All voucher which I can use in surprisingly few shops that I want to go to, but BT is one of them. Have gotten a few things already but still have about 100 quid left on it. So I'm in the same boat!

agree about the drake's ties, bought 2 in the sales, they are a bargain at 60% off

You didn't buy that purple one did you?? I wanna go get it today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

no i got 2 navy ones

• Advertisement

Cool. I just got the purple one (hee hee!)

Advertisement